- Is your name on the organ donor register? Is the card in your wallet and an information cylinder in your fridge?
- Give blood, if you're allowed to. Reward yourself with cake. Morningside is nearby; you can do the Chocolate Tree and Loopy Lorna's.
- Make a will. You are unlikely to be hit by a tram in the near future, not here, but you could fall off a cliff. Its a hilly city.
- Put EVERYTHING in writing. Don't make any verbal agreements with ANYONE regarding what happens in your absence or as additional clauses to your will, write them all down. At best the executor might have a very bad memory, at worst they might be a duplicitous little shit. In between they might just be a sociopath. You really don't want to leave anyone drowning in guilt and helplessness and fury as well as grief when they become the ignored official witness to an ignored verbal agreement.
- Do, however, remember to tell the relevant people!
- Clear out your wardrobe. Charity shops are waiting for your sartorial errors.
There you go, that's the first week of September sorted. Wait till you see my list for the second week :-)